FY2019 Application Information
FY 2019 Medical Contribution Activity Subsidy Application Information
The name for the medicine and health enhancement contribution program subsidy has been changed from this fiscal year.
The TERUMO LIFE SCIENCE FOUNDATION supports the activities of non-profit organizations implementing activities that contribute to enhancing medicine and health in Japan and developing countries (hereinafter "overseas").
1. Eligible Activities
The TERUMO LIFE SCIENCE FOUNDATION supports activities to improve various issues in the region, such as disease control and public health education, which are implemented in developing countries.
2. Eligible Organizations
Organizations with the following status and engaged in activities aimed at improving the level of medical care and health overseas. [Public service corporations (associations/foundations), NPOs, NGOs, overseas medical institutions, etc.]
- Groups that are non-juridical organizations are not eligible.
- When an overseas organization applies, it is necessary to set the contact information of the relevant organization in Japan.
3. Subsidy Amount
A subsidy of 1 million yen per activity.
4. Number of Subsidies
For a total of 15 activities (including Japan domestic activities and overseas activities) will be given.
5. Activity Period
For activities implemented during the period between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
How to apply:
Fill out the application form below. The application must be in English or Japanese.
Materials to be submitted [Required]:
Application form, articles of association, organizational chart, list of officers, the previous fiscal year's business report, the previous fiscal year's financial report.
Materials to be submitted [Optional]:
Pamphlets of organization, guidance of activity, etc.
How to submit:
Send the above materials via postal mail in addition to sending an electronic MS-Word file of the application form (without signature) by e-mail.
September 30, 2019 (must be sent by this date)
Note: Application shall be 1 application per organization. Overseas organizations must indicate the address of either its branch in Japan or a Japanese organization with which the activity is related.
7. Use of Subsidy
The subsidy shall be used for expenses directly required by the activity. However, it may not be used for personnel expenses of staff.
Experts of the Selection Committee will examine the content of the activity, its public interest, the appropriateness of the plan, etc. and the Board of Directors will make the final decision.
In cases where evaluations are even and a decision is difficult to come by, the number of past subsidies may be taken into consideration.
9. Schedule of the Subsidy
May to September 30, 2019
Notification of adoption or rejection:
December 2019 to January 2020 (notification will be sent to the e-mail address indicated in the application form)
Granting of subsidy:
April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021
10. Report of Results
TThe organization that receives the subsidy must submit an implementation report and financial report after the activities are finished or within 3 months after the subsidy period is finished.
- The representative's name, name of institution and activity theme written in the application from the recipient of the subsidy will be announced on our homepage.
- The submitted application form will not be returned.
- Details of selection will not be disclosed.
- Please notify the TERUMO LIFE SCIENCE FOUNDATION of any changes made to the content of the activity, method of implementation, etc. after the subsidy has been determined. We will decide whether or not to continue the subsidy depending on the change.
- We may request that the subsidy be returned if it is used for anything other than its intended purpose or if the recipient makes a false declaration.
Contact and address to send application
TERUMO LIFE SCINECE FOUNDATION, Japan
1500 Inokuchi, Nakai-machi, Ashigarakami-gun,
Kanagawa Prefecture, 259-0151 Japan