FY2019 Application Information
2019 R&D Subsidies (Overseas) Application Information
The TERUMO LIFE SCIENCE FOUNDATION provides subsidies that support research and development programs in the medical, public health and other fields with high contribution to the area to support the development of scientific technology in the field of life science in developing countries.
1. Requisites for the Applicant / Application
The applicant must be a researcher at a university or hospital or a public research institution in a developing country. The applicant may be of any nationality.
The following will not be eligible for application:
- Researchers as well as research themes that have been previously adopted for this subsidy
- Researchers belonging to for-profit organizations such as private companies
- Joint R&D with private companies
- Testing for licensing and approval (manufacturing approval, sales approval, etc.) and testing for sales promotion
2. Subsidy Amount, Subsidy Period and Number of Subsidies
Up to 3 million yen; 1 year. Three subsidies are available.
The recommender shall be the immediate supervisor to the applicant, limited to one applicant per recommender.
How to apply:
Fill out the application form below. The application must be in English or Japanese.
How to submit:
Send the application form via postal mail in addition to sending an electronic MS-Word file (without the signature of the recommender) by e-mail.
August 31, 2019 (must be sent by this date)
The application form must include contact information in Japan. (For example, that of a joint researcher of research institution or medical institution in Japan. We may contact them as necessary.)
5. Use of Subsidy
- The subsidy shall be used for expenses directly required by the program.
- The subsidy will not cover overhead costs such as indirect expenses of the applicant's organization or general administrative costs.
- The subsidy will not cover personnel expenses of applicants and co-workers.
- The subsidy will not cover food and beverage expenses.
Selections shall be made in a professional and academic manner by evaluating the contents such as the extent of contributions to society, originality, novelty, goals, and plans, in terms of research and development.
Subsidy programs are chosen by the Selection Committee, with the Board of Directors making the final decision.
7. Schedule of the Subsidy
May to August 31, 2019
Notice of adoption or rejection:
December 2019 (notification shall be sent to the e-mail address indicated in the application form)
Granting of subsidy:
January 2020 (lump-sum transfer to the designated bank account)
January 2020 to December 2020
8. Report of R&D Results
The implementation report and expenditure report must be submitted within 3 months after the end of the subsidy period.
The report must be in English or Japanese
- The names, organizations and project themes of the recipients of the subsidies written in the application form shall be announced on our homepage.
- The personal information of the applicant shall be used within the scope of executing our subsidy services. Moreover, submitted application forms will not be returned.
- Details of selection will not be disclosed.
- The subsidy may be requested to be returned if it is used for anything other than its intended purpose or if the recipient makes a false declaration.
Contact and address to send application
TERUMO LIFE SCINECE FOUNDATION, Japan
1500 Inokuchi, Nakai-machi, Ashigarakami-gun,
Kanagawa Prefecture, 259-0151 Japan